Saturday, December 27, 2008

Scrabble


Several weeks ago fellow blogger and friend, Yarntangler wrote about playing Scrabble. My mother and I play a lot when I visit her, and tonight was no exception. We gathered up my new Deluxe version, a Christmas gift to myself, rounded up the cat, and set to it. Our games during the past week have ended very closely, usually within 5-15 points of each other. However, tonight she was either very astute or extremely lucky. Here's the word she made, using all her letters for a bonus 50 points, and taking up two Triple Word squares. Her total for the word was 122 points. If she'd had the letter "B" instead of the blank, she would have gotten 18 additional points. Needless to say, she beat me so badly I'm still licking my wounds.


The cat and I are going to challenge her to another game tomorrow.

5 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

Wow. Great job with thimbles!

spiritualastronomer said...

Sure wish it had been my word, though. I think that's the largest score for a word I've ever seen.

Yarntangler said...

Geezer played Scrabble with me last night -you sure can tell it's the Christmas season!

Cedar ... said...

My friend Kathy visits once in a while and we'll have a Scrabble tournament. Thanksgiving I beat her 2-1. Over Christmas she beat me 2-1. I'm gathering steam for a re-match!

spiritualastronomer said...

My mom and I had a tournament over Christmas - I think the final score was 6-3, her favor. My best game was when I got ALL the good letters - Z, Q, J, X, K - early in the game while she kept getting all vowels.