Sunday, August 23, 2009

Short and sweet



It was a long driving day today, but it seemed effortless. The weather was beautiful and, because it was Sunday, there was little traffic, even through large cities such as Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.

I left my youngest niece's place in Cincinnati, Ohio around 7:00 this morning, Eastern Time, and drove 475 miles to St. Robert, Missouri. To keep sane and rested, I stopped at every rest stop along the way to get out and stretch a bit. That helped a lot.

Tomorrow will be a fairly short trip from here, in the middle of Missouri, to Bartlesville, Oklahoma, about 200 miles.

After catching up with a week's worth of mail, I'll pack some more things into the RV, attach the pickup to the towbar on the RV, and take off for Coffeyville, Kansas to work at Amazon.com for four months. What a life!

I've driven by many places I'd like to take more time to explore on a longer trip. For example, it would be fun to check out the St. Louis Gateway Arch
as well as the confluence of the Mis sissippi and Missouri Rivers.

So many places!

No comments: