Sunday, October 17, 2010

End of the season reflections

Here's a  little Kanab "movie-in-the-barn" trivia for you. Last night I calculated just how many times I've shown the 24-minute short feature, "Return to Little Hollywood," since April 1. My first season here, I complained about having to watch "Buffalo Bill" 38 times. Well, the figure for "Little Hollywood" is now at 160 with four more to go this coming week. Gee, do you think that might be the reason I can repeat it all in my sleep? However, I really love the freedom of this job. And smoozing with guests from all over the world is wonderful fun, especially when some of them dance to the pre-film Western music or applaud at the end of  "The Lone Ranger." That makes it all worthwhile.


It's the same here in the workampers RV park. As long as the place looks decent, I can pretty much do what I think needs to be done and set my own time for doing it. Getting rid of huge, still-green tumbleweeds is ideal as they take up a lot of space yet are very easy to pull up.





 The trick is to time their removal right before trash-emptying Thursdays. Otherwise they get dry and stickery before I can shove them into the dumpster. But,  I think it's going to take a while before I'll be able to see one in the desert somewhere and not think, "gotta pull that one up."

1 comment: