Monday, August 15, 2011

Misunderstandings between friends hurt

I'm a little down right now and can't seem to spring out of it. Friday night a friend and I had a misunderstanding caused by the way we wrote some email. We seem to have made it worse by both trying to prove how right we each were. And now we've been trying to not think about it by staying busy with work, perhaps too busy. I know I hurt him and he hurt me as well. Sometimes it might be nice to just be able to jump in some kind of time machine and return to an earlier time. It's possible to use Restore to take a computer back to a better time. Why not people?

6 comments:

Sharon BarlowPalm said...

The social media has been a boon to communication but it's also been a kaboom. It is so easy to misunderstand or misinterpret. I went through something similar recently and the person has bipped me off her FB, emails.

spiritualastronomer said...

At least my friend decided not to be on Facebook. That would probably be a whole lot worse.

Karen said...

I know you will both make up and get on with life. You can't stay mad and hurt forever about an email.

spiritualastronomer said...

Thank you, Karen. I agree completely.

Sharon BarlowPalm said...

And, of course, the really important thing is, "How is your heart?"

Unknown said...

Email is no substitute for a face-to-face relationship.

I really think that not until you know someone really well can they trust you enough to know when something they read that sounds to them like it's harsh is in fact a joke, or just sloppy English, or whatever. There are so many people out there who have suffered betrayal that trust seems to come at a premium in the 21st Century.

I'm not sure that anyone has all that many friends of such quality. Sadly, most people are just acquaintances, and many of them can take more out of a person trying to maintain a relationship than they bring to the relationship.

Good luck at sussing it all.