Saturday, April 25, 2009

Telemarketer Call




I just read this on a Simple Living Discussion Forum and think it's hilarious:
















This short conversation with a telemarketer made me chuckle. I felt like Bob Newhart. Hearing my side made DW laugh too.

But seriously, I thought I was being rational.

Me: Hello.

Telemarketer: Hello, is Steve here?(with boiler room noise in background)

Me: Yes,to whom am I speaking?

Jeff: Jeff.

Me: Do I know you?

Jeff: No.

Me: Why should I talk to you?

Jeff: I don't know.

Me: I don't know either, bye bye.

I swear this is exactly what we said. I expected him to at least respond that he could give me a better interest rate or something or other. Strange.


It's been a long time since I've been bothered by telemarketers trying to sell me things, probably because I've changed my phone number several times and use only my cell phone. No one's been able to catch up with me yet.









Am I complaining? Nope, no way. But, in the off-chance someone does call in the future, I now know a fun way to hopefully get them off the line.


2 comments:

Old Newsie said...

a GOOD IDEA. hERE'S ANOTHER THAT HAD ONE CALLER HANG UP ON ME.
a CALL CAME ON A BUSY EVEING WHENABOUT SIX TELEMARKETERS HAD CALLED,

pLEASANT FEMALE VOICE ASKED hOW aRE YOU TONIGHT? sAY i "NOT tOO gOOD, sHE: oH, i'M SORRY. mE: wHAT'S YOUR NAME? SHE: SANDY.ME: I KNOW YOUR CALL IS IMMPORTANT BUT i DON'T FEEL WEEL SO SAADY,IF YOU WILL GIVE YOUR YOUR PHONE NUMBER I'LL CALL YOU ABOUT 11 TONIGHT, PHONE : CLICK YOU COULD DO SAME, ON A MALE CALLER

Yarntangler said...

I know a guy who very politely waits until the first pause in the telemarketer's spiel. Then he says. "I'm sorry but I can't talk to you now, I'm deceased!"