Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Day of April NaBloPoMo



NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month)

Today, April 30, is the last day of this months NaBloPoMo challenge during which many of us attempted to post something to our blog at least every day this month. And it was definitely a challenge. I found myself returning home late at night sometimes, getting ready for bed, and all of a sudden realizing I had a blog to write. There were the times my mind went completely blank and I searched for something---anything---on the internet. Most of the time it worked, except for the "Placeholder" day.

There's going to be another challenge in May with the theme of "Sweet." Offhand, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what to do with that theme. However, writing on the theme of the month is always optional. For example, this month's theme was "Growing Up:" I think I wrote about that maybe two times the whole month. But, a thought: I believe actually writing a blog entry each day for a month, as planned, is growing up, sticking to something even though it's hard at times.

My sister-in-law wanted to be sure I wasn't going to quit writing the blog and I assured her I'd continue. So, now it's time to think about what to write about "Sweet."

Perhaps a head start tonight might be in order. I just finished making some oatmeal/chocolate chip/raisin cookies for a meeting and lunch in Turley this weekend. Yes, they're definitely sweet. And, I think I was sweet to make them. Of course, part of it is self-serving at its worst because I love eating the cookie dough. However, I also love watching people down there devour them with smiles on their faces.

Have a cookie! I'll see you tomorrow.

Chris

2 comments:

Yarntangler said...

I've had your cookies, those folks are going to be lucky.
Congratulations on succeeding in the challenge only you and Old Newsie made it in April.

Let's see what happens in May.

NewsiesLridMoments said...

Look at your blog for April 30 Chris - your 30 day award appears riht on top of current blog but not in your profile like mine. We're the only two of 7 that started says Yarnangler