Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mittry Lake, near Yuma, Arizona

I'd never guess this place was near Yuma. To me, Yuma is an RV city, built just because of RVers. I remember about thirty years ago there was almost nothing there. On drives from San Diego to Arizona, Yuma was just a sleepy little border town. No more. I prefer it the way it used to be; now it seems to be too crowded and expensive. Oh, well. Mittry Lake is beautiful. And we can camp here free for ten days each year.

Sky around sunset
Image

Views from my RV
Image

Image

Image

And another wine picture, this time Riesling
Image

I attempted to find two geocaches earlier this afternoon, but couldn't locate them. One was up a steep, rocky hill, so I skipped that one. The other should have been fairly easy to find but I looked all around. I'll check again tomorrow.

No comments: