Monday, December 21, 2009

San Felipe Monday Morning - How Things Change!

Monday, December 21, 2009

For several reasons, I’ve decided to stay here at this beautiful spot a little south of San Felipe for at least a month. The more I thought about being on the road for the next two months, driving lots of miles and using lots of gas, the more I realized it would be so much better and relaxing to just stay here for a while. I love this place. It’s quiet and peaceful, the beach is only a few steps away, and it’s fairly close to town yet far enough away from crowds and noise. The caretakers here are extremely friendly and bend over backwards to make sure we’re happy. The site rent is only $1500 pesos ($120 a month) with water and sewer hookups. And, I’ve become friends with a very nice, interesting guy from Victoria, British Columbia. We’ve spent a lot of time talking and getting acquainted, and neither of us was looking forward to my leaving so soon. Perhaps nothing will come of it, but in the meantime, it’s fun having someone to talk to who loves the Pacific Northwest as much as I do, and is also very content to live day to day here for a while. And, he also wears Birkenstocks, as I do. Haven't seen many of them in the past year, none in Oklahoma.

I wished Beth and Jean safe travels this morning when they left for parts west and felt relief to be staying for a while. Moved into Beth's very nice site, then came into town this afternoon with David and found the grocery store (mercado). The weather is absolutely gorgeous with no clouds.

Sunrise yesterday morning
Image

I found this yesterday. Any idea what it is?
Image

Bird's nest on telephone pole
Image

Fishing boat returning
Image

1 comment:

Yarntangler said...

Isn't this the the perfect life? How else could we ever learn the true essence of the word flexibility?