Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who Would Jesus Shoot?

Tonight I was going to write a blog about all the wonderful educational sites available online, but that will wait until tomorrow. I've been in kind of a crummy mood today, mainly because of the weather and feeling lonely, and this short editorial from one of my favorite websites, Sojourners, really hit me hard. Who Would Jesus Shoot?

I'm not going to blunt my feelings or comments with small talk about war being sometimes necessary, because I don't believe it is. In fact, I once wrote a 25- page research paper about Just War Theory. I refuse to believe that killing is ever justified.

I studied and trained to be a Unitarian Universalist minister, but have more and more become part of the missional, emerging church movement, attempting to take church out of its buildings and out to the people, to the world, with a focus on the works of Jesus with his emphasis on love and compassion. War and killing had no part in his life.

1 comment:

quiet judy said...

dear chris,

i follow your adventures on rv women. i agree with you re: guns and war. its brave of you to state your views in that venue cuz its seems as if there might be a few who wont agree with you. keep the faith!
judy d.